Saturday, January 4, 2014

In the Kitchen: Blackened Chicken Caesar Burrito



Tonight I cooked blackened chicken caesar burritos. I've never made these before, but love the ones from California Tortilla. A trip downtown to pick one up was out of the question so I decided to try to replicate it on my own. 

Here's what I used:

-cut grape tomatoes
-romaine lettuce
-motzerella cheese
-whole foods brand caesar dressing
-a can of black beans seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chopped onions
-rice
-warmed tortillas
-one chicken breast brushed with olive oil and sprinkled heavily with blackening seasoning ( make your own batch with 1tbsp each of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder plus 1 tsp each of black and cayenne pepper) baked at 300 degrees

The hubs and I both liked it. I only wish I had thought to make some chips and queso :-( 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment