Sunday, January 26, 2014

Around Town: The Lily Pad


We just found out our friend Robert is expecting a baby boy this spring. Unfortunately, he and his wife live all the way in Seattle so we probably won't be seeing them soon. Since we can't see them in person I thought it'd be nice to send them a special baby present. Just up the street from the house on York Road in Towson is a lovely kids consignment store called The Lily Pad. I've driven by a gazillion times but never dropped in. I figured now would be a good opportunity to see what they offer. When I went in the store was filled with a well curated collection of moderately priced goodies, including clothing, strollers, toys, shoes, teething rings....you name it.






 If used clothing isn't your thing (though I personally highly recommend it especially for baby clothes) they also have a few new clothing items with the original tags still one them. Like this little number I ended up getting for Robert and his wife. The outfit was a whopping $8!


Which left room in the budget for these gorgeous pink overalls, that I think I'll give to one of my little cousins when she turns one. I plan to take them back to The Lily Pad in a few months and have them monogrammed for her. 

"I believe that thrift is essential to well ordered living." ~John D. Rockefeller

No comments:

Post a Comment