Friday, December 27, 2013

Living Simply in the New Year


Living simply means different things to different people. For me, living simply is about:
  • taking care of my home and those who inhabit it 
  • taking time to appreciate and recognize the everyday miracles and beauty around me
  • constantly being appreciative and happy with what I've got
  • finding joy through giving and service
  • connecting with nature
  • not living beyond my financial means
  • being self-sufficient
  • staying mindful
  • and truly realizing that the best things in life are free
These things combine to produce a balanced and fruitful life, the satisfaction with which is hard to put into words. It helps me to prioritize the things that are really important, and to live each day to the fullest. As the new year approaches I hope to simplify further by cooking more, shopping less, enjoying alone time, budgeting more, and learning how to garden. 


"He who is contented is rich." ~Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment