- Cut into chunks and roast one beet in the oven on 400 degrees, sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove from oven once a fork can easily pierce the beet.
- While beet is roasting boil one large red potato.
- When beet is almost done roasting begin roasting 3 garlic cloves and 3 shallots.
- Dice cooked potato and add to a simmering pot of veggie broth, then add roasted beet, garlic, shallots
- Season soup with thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (or more if you'd like) and continue simmering for a few minutes.
- Take cooked soup of stove and puree in blender or with stick blender
- Garnish soup with extra parsley, olive oil, and balsamic. You can also add pieces of goat cheese if non-vegan.
This pairs well with garlic bread. Enjoy!