Saturday, November 29, 2014

Goodnight My Love

When I was a little girl my father used to sing me a lullaby before bed. He wasn't much of a singer, but there was no doubt his tunes were filled with love. I can still hear him singing.....

"Goodnight my love, pleasant dreams
Sleep tight, my love
May your tomorrow be sunny and bright
And bring you closer to me"

Just think I have a little girl to sing this song to now. I can hardly believe it.....life is good! :-) 

What tunes do you remember from your childhood? Do you sing to your kids?

"How long do you wanna be loved? Is forever enough? Is forever enough? How long do you wanna be loved? Cause I'm never, never givin' you up." ~Dixie Chicks

5 comments:

  1. :) :) this made me smile and tear up - life is certainly good. And all is good in the world when you're holding that little girl in your arms. My Mom always sang us "A Bushel and a Peck" from Guys & Dolls. It was always my special song so I've sang it to both of my girls as well. Right now I have A Charlie Brown Christmas in my youngest's room for bedtime and I love it. She is 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. My dad would always sing to me and I guess I was lucky, because he had a beautiful voice. As I grew, he'd (little by little) teach me how to play these songs on the piano. I have such fond memories of sitting on the stool next to him and playing and singing. You will have these wonderful memories to pass on to Baby Z. Diana

    ReplyDelete