Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Around (Another) Town: Our Trip to San Francisco

You may have noticed things have been a little quiet on the blog. That's because for the last several days the hubs and I have been away on travel. We had to attend an IT conference for work that was in San Francisco. While there we had lots of fun. SF happens to be where my best friend Kevin lives, so he showed us around.  Kevin says hi everyone.

The first place Kev took us was LOVEJOY'S, an extremely charming tea room with an affiliated antique store across the street.


The ambiance at the place is incredible. It feels like it belongs in London. I wish we had one in B'more, I'd so host a shower or party there.





In addition to the decor being great, so is the tea.


I also tried the hot chocolate, it was very tasty.


They offer a nice variety of tea sandwiches and crumpets. 


 Next up, we went to a few open houses. I always like to peak at the housing inventory in other cities.





A deck off the master, how lovely.


I'm a big fan of the bright kitchen.




San Francisco is known for it's bay windows. I think they are so awesome.





One evening we went out for sushi at OSAKA. The chef there is very innovative and concocted the roll below called The Power of Love, made with shrimp tempura, cucumber, mango, cream cheese, and a sweet mango sauce. It was delicious!


My favorite destination on the trip was MUIR WOODS NATIONAL PARK, which boasts beautiful 700 ft tall redwood trees.

This place is a true national treasure. Pictures can in no way capture its beauty. The place is just breathtaking. I definitely have  to come back to experience it again.





A few other food spots worth mentioning are SUPER DUPER a very good hamburger joint (make sure you get the single burger if you go),


and MINNIE BELL'S food truck.

They offer smothered steak with grits.


Lastly, I went on a VICTORIAN WALKING TOUR that was very interesting and enlightening. On it I learned about San Francisco's victorian architecture and saw a few celebrity homes. 




All in all I had a great time, and can't wait to visit again in the future.

3 comments:

  1. What a great time you had in SF! That's one of my favorite cities in the world, even though I've never explored it as much as you did. I will have to remember all the restaurants you mentioned here for my next visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that kitchen, what a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have much better pics of me, I'm sure! Glad you had fun, hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete