Nothing says yummy like a slice of lemon pound cake with a tall glass of milk. The other day I was craving some pound cake and thought I'd take a stab at baking one. Unfortunately, I was feeling a little under the weather and couldn't muster up the energy to cook. The hubs, being the sweetheart that he is, stepped in and volunteered to bake one. It was seriously scrumptious :-)
Here's how he made it:
- Mix 3 sticks butter (1½ cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare bundt or tube pan by coating with shortening or butter and flouring light. Set aside.
- Let butter, cream cheese, and eggs come to room temperature.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar til fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add lemon juice and zest and combine well. Add flour and salt and vanilla.
- Mix until just well-combined but do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared bundt or tube pan.
- Bake until golden brown and skewer inserted into middle of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.