Today I'm excited to post the recipe to the best meal I've ever created. No lie folks, this burger was delicious! So good, I liked it better than a beef burger. I couldn't believe it. The hubs gave it two thumbs up too, and he's a hard one to please. So, without further ado here's how you make it:
- Heat a 50/50 mixture of cooked quinoa and black beans on medium heat in skillet. You can grease skillet with cooking oil or veggie broth. Broth is more healthy, but oil tastes better :-) I like to use avocado oil.
- Season mixture with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture to toasted brioche buns.
- Top "burger" with spring mix, tomato, red onion, and chipotle mayo.
Chipotle mayo (this component is critical to the deliciousness of the burger):
- Finely dice canned chipotle peppers with adobe sauce and add to mayo to taste. These are pretty spicy, so you don't need much to add kick.
Enjoy! I absolutely know you will.