Thursday, December 3, 2015

In the Kitchen: Salmon Cakes and Brussel Sprouts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now that you're probably over holiday leftovers I thought I'd share a tasty recipe with you.  I really enjoyed it, and think you will too if you're a salmon person like myself. Here's how you make it. Mix together the following:

  • 1 can on salmon ( I like to use Rubinstein's brand)
  • 1 large egg
  • 4 tbsp of mayo
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 3/4 of a medium red onion chopped
  • 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
  • 1 stalk of celery chopped
  • a few dashes of hot sauce and worcestershire sauce
  • season liberally with blackening seasoning, old bay, salt and pepper
  • form mixture into patties and bake on 350 degrees until done.

Dipping Sauce (add ingredients to taste):

  • 50/50 mix of mayo and siracha
  • little bit of lemon juice
  • Old Bay
  • cajun mustard
  • little bit of worcestershire sauce
  • little bit of sugar

Brussel Sprouts:

  • rinse and cut brussel sprouts in half
  • season with salt and pepper on top of baking sheet
  • spray with olive oil
  • bake on 350 until slightly brown
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I really must get on and try oven roasted sprouts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Amy you must! They are delicious, nutritious, cheap, and easy to make. I'm not sure it gets much better than that.

      Delete
  2. Oh I am a salmon lover! Not so sure about the brussel sprouts. Maybe roasted with a bit of bacon? Bacon makes everything tastier!

    Weekend joys to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen recipes where they are paired with bacon, but have never tried it. I'm sure it's delicious.

      Have a wonderful weekend Linda.

      Delete