Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Word No One Wants to Hear...Cancer


Today I want you all to be a little kinder, live in the moment, hug your special someones extra tight, and remember to say I love you. I want you to do this because life is precious and often too short. Sometimes we don't think about this reality until bad news hits.

Thoughts of the fragility of life have been heavy on my mind ever since learning a friend of mine was recently diagnosed with cancer. My heart aches for her, as I can only imagine how frightening this must be for her and her spouse, and the difficulty of having to explain this situation to her young child. To top everything off she and her husband are having difficulty paying their medical bills, adding more stress to an already stressful situation. If you feel inclined to help, you may donate to her family HERE. It would truly mean the world to me. Thanks.

"We must live each day like it's the last."~Michael Jackson

17 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that your friend is having to deal with this horrible thing. You will be a great support to her I know, but I hope that you will find some support as well to help you support her. Take care of yourself and your friend and I really hope that your friend recovers from this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry about your friend. You're right - life is precious and short, and we often forget that every day is a gift. I'll keep your friend and her family in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend. prayers for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie. I truly believe every prayer helps.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry...I will be keeping them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom and my sister have grappled with this terrible disease ... and a number of clients and friends.

    praying right now ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear your mom and sister have had to deal with this Linda. It seems cancer is just all too common these days. I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  6. So sad to hear your friend has been struck with cancer. Health problems are terrifying, add to that financial worries and it is all the more harder. A family member is struggling through cancer and the treatment and it really is such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When these types of events happen it really helps you to put things into perspective. Sorry to hear about your family member. I hope they get better soon.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear your friend's news. It certainly makes one put their own woes into perspective and live every day to the fullest. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb this year, it turns your world upside down, I appreciate the simple things in life now, I have had treatment, just have to play the waiting game now, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope you remain in the clear.

      Delete