Friday, August 22, 2014

Diary of a Hungry Pregnant Woman

Pregnancy has been an interesting journey, one filled with lots of fatigue, anticipation, indigestion, introspection, aches, nesting, and vomiting. Recently a new item has emerged, hunger! And I don't mean just any kind of hunger, I'm talkin' wild animal "I will kill you if you take away my ice cream" hunger. It seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I first noticed it the other day when the hubs made the bad move of stealing a few of my french fries. Normally this would be no big deal, but on this day it made me literally want to pummel him. After realizing that my fries were missing I immediately jumped in the air like I was Michael Jordan, to retrieve the fries before they reached the hubs' mouth. I tell ya.....Mother Nature is nothin' to play with. Sorry you have to deal with me like this honey, hopefully in a few months we can both look back and have a good laugh. Til' then, don't mess with my french fries!

8 comments:

  1. When I was in my third trimester, I craved for a cheeseburger like crazy every single night around 11pm. Growing a baby requires a lot of calories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cheeseburger, I'd love one of those right now :-) It's funny my crazy my strong cravings come at night around 11pm too, usually for a bowl of ice cream.

      Delete
  2. Hi there...
    Thanks for visiting my blog...
    I will be back...you have very interesting posts....and funny too!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

      Delete
  3. "made me literally want to pummel him" made me laugh! Those fries look so good, I might have had the same reaction. On food and pregnancy, I loved/love blue cheese dressing, but as soon as I got pregnant I couldn't stand the taste or even scent. When I gave birth I craved a salad with blue cheese dressing, so of course I thought that it just didn't agree with a more sensitive pregnant-stomach ... until my daughter was old enough to have a full range of foods and she very strongly disliked the taste or scent of blue cheese dressing. She's 39 and still doesn't like it. I've always found that interesting. Growing a human, it's not for the weak ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Growing a human, it's not for the weak ." Ha, very true Paula!

      Delete