Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lake Walker Bungalows


Since moving into our little yellow cottage, I have grown an extra appreciation for bungalow styled homes. One of the things I like most are their efficiency. The rooms are not too big and not too small. They harken back to an era where people used what they needed and not much more.  Though they are smaller they have materials with integrity that last for decades when taken care of, not to mention all their character! Living in my bungalow has taught me how to appreciate the small things. When I sit on our front porch underneath our giant Sycamore tree, I feel like I've found a piece of Heaven on Earth. I'm happy to see more people are coming into the city and restoring these homes. Here's a look at some of the cuties in Lake Walker.










2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! All of these remind me of the house I grew up in (that's still owned by my family but will be on the market soon also) and playing in the sprinkler in the front yard in the summer, sledding down the snowy alley in wintertime, the beautiful crisp colors of the mature trees and the crunchiness of them under your feet as you walk along the sidewalk. Totally gushing about these posts, keep more Baltimore pictures coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I'll try to capture as much B'more beauty as I can :-)

      Delete